ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (GENERAL)ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (BUSINESS)
- 7 July 2020: Uganda: Boda Boda Riders Sue Govt Over Unending Lockdown - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] Boda boda operators yesterday sued government for not allowing them resume passenger transport.
- 7 July 2020: Uganda: Banana Disease Caused By Insects, Scientists Say - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] Scientists at the National Agricultural Research Laboratories (NARL), have said they have established the cause of disease that started ravaging banana plantations in western Uganda last year.
- 7 July 2020: Uganda: Politics of Alliances Against Museveni in Past Elections - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] Uganda's two main Opposition political actors, Dr Kizza Besigye and Mr Robert Kyagulanyi, aka Bobi Wine, yesterday converged in Wakiso Town and pledged to work together to challenge President Museveni and his NRM party in next year's General Election.
- 7 July 2020: Uganda: Nche Issues Guidelines for University E-Learning - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) has released guidelines for e-learning in institutions of higher learning across the country to commence remote teaching and learning activities during the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown.
- 7 July 2020: Tanzania: Tanzania Is a Place to Make 8pc in Usd From Safe, Solid Govt Bonds - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Daily News] EARN 8 per cent per annum in US dollars on Tanzanian government bonds, via a European investment vehicle.
- 7 July 2020: Kenya: Local Industry Prepared for Reopening of the Economy - CS Maina - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Local manufacturers have demonstrated their capacity to continue with production amidst the COVID-19 pandemic as the country gears up for the phased reopening of the economy.
- 7 July 2020: Kenya: President Kenyatta Outlines Government Development Priorities for 2020/21 Financial Year - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- President Uhuru Kenyatta today at State House, Nairobi held a virtual meeting with Senior Ranks of the Executive that included Cabinet Secretaries, Chief Administrative Secretaries, and Principal Secretaries during which he outlined Government development priorities for the 2020/21 Financial Year which kicked off on 1st July.
- 7 July 2020: Kenya: SGR Passenger Train Services to Resume - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Nairobi News] Kenya Railways Corporation on Monday announced that their standard gauge railway passenger train services will resume following the lifting of a partial lockdown in Nairobi and Mombasa by President Uhuru Kenyatta.