ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (GENERAL)ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (BUSINESS)
- 23 March 2018: Congo-Kinshasa:Refugees Fleeing to Uganda Recount Horrors - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[VOA] The wave of ethnic violence sweeping through northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo has forced tens of thousands of people from their homes. Nearly 50,000 have crossed into Uganda.
- 23 March 2018: Ethiopia:Nearly 8 Million Ethiopians Need Emergency Food, Water - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[VOA] Ethiopia is appealing for $1.6 billion to provide emergency and long-term aid for 7.88 million people affected by drought, floods and conflict. U.N. officials presented their humanitarian and disaster resilience plan.
- 23 March 2018: Uganda:Government Officials Clash Over Sale of Obey's Property - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] Kampala -Mubende District lands officials have allegedly sold off about 6,400 acres of Christopher Obey's land whose title is being held as an exhibit in ongoing cases against him.
- 23 March 2018: Uganda:KCCA, National Water Move to Manage City Faecal Sludge - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Monitor] Kampala -Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) and the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) are finalising plans to improve the management of faecal sludge in Kampala.
- 23 March 2018: Uganda:Buganda Land Board On the Spot Over Makindye Roadworks - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Monitor] Leaders in Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality, Kampala, have accused the Buganda Land Board (BLB) officials of hampering the roads construction project in the area.
- 23 March 2018: Uganda:Banks, URA Disagree Over VAT - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Monitor] Kampala -Commercial banks are in discussions with Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) over particular tax pardons that financial institutions deem unnecessary.
- 23 March 2018: Kenya:NIC Group's Pre-Tax Profit Dips By 9.2% - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Capital FM] Nairobi -NIC Group has reported a 9.2 per cent decline in its pre-tax profit to Sh5.6 billion for the year ended 2017, compared to Sh6.2 billion the previous year.
- 23 March 2018: Rwanda:Rwanda Gets Rwf885 Million Grant to Fast-Track Integration Projects - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[New Times] Rwanda will receive ?832,615 (about Rwf885 million) grant as part of the support provided to the country under the COMESA adjustment facility (CAF) to expedite the implementation of regional integration programmes.