ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (GENERAL)ALLAFRICA: EAST AFRICA (BUSINESS)
- 16 July 2018: Kenya:Only Civil Society Can Stop Elites Changing the Constitution - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[African Arguments] Many fear that changes to constitution could see its progressive elements removed.
- 16 July 2018: Kenya:Black Rhinos Die After Relocation to National Park in Kenya - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Deutsche Welle] The Kenyan government said the death of eight black rhinos was "unprecedented" in more than a decade of such transfers. The black rhino is critically endangered, with just over 5,000 remaining worldwide.
- 16 July 2018: Ethiopia:Preparations Underway to Organize Conference On National Consensus, Reconciliation - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Reporter] The all-encompassing Ethiopian National Consensuses International Committee is undergoing a preparation to conduct a national conference at Addis Ababa before the end of August. The objective of the conference is aimed at bringing national consensuses and reconciliation with the presence of the ruling party and other stakeholders.
- 16 July 2018: Somalia:Trump Appoints Yamamoto As U.S. Ambassador to Somalia - AllAfrica News: East Africa
[Reporter] President Donald Trump has appointed the veteran diplomat, Donald Yamamoto as his ambassador to Somalia. No stranger to the continent, the newly minted ambassador served as the ambassador to Djibouti and then was posted to the US embassy in Addis Ababa by the administration of President George W. Bush.
- 16 July 2018: Ethiopia:GE Completes Project Worth U.S$.40 Million - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Reporter] General Electric, a multinational company operational in over 150 countries has completed a project worth USD 40 million as part of its partnership with the Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) via its Electricity Transmission System Improvement Turnkey project. This is to help offer electricity across the nation and improve the transmission system in the Southern and South-Western parts of Ethiopia.
- 16 July 2018: Ethiopia:Encouraging Startup Companies for Economic Development - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Reporter] Startups as the golden standard for economic development in Africa - is it a myth, or does it have a chance to become a reality? In the past 5 years, the world has been a witness to the booming startup economy in the developed world. Dozens of successful startups, from Airbnb to Uber, have grown to become multibillion dollar companies. This rise of startups is a logical extension of the learning and knowledge economy, where creative and innovative ideas become the main strategic advantage for small busines
- 16 July 2018: Ethiopia:Isuzu to Install Assembly Plant in Ethiopia - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Reporter] After a half a century stay in the Ethiopian trade business, local dealers and Isuzu Motors International via Itochu Corporation -- the trading and export house of Isuzu Motors - have reached terms to set up an assembly line in Ethiopia, The Reporter has learnt.
- 16 July 2018: Kenya:Kenya Power Operations 'Unaffected' By Arrests, Board Says - AllAfrica News: East Africa Business
[Nation] The board of Kenya Power has assured the country of no disruption in operations at the electricity distributor following arrests of senior managers over irregular supply of transformers.